Thursday, June 26, 2008

I was a victim

Tonight I was the victim of a random act of kindness.  I won't go into the yucky details of what was a very very long day but I went to HEB to "get away".   I took Zoe with me and she slept on the way there while I cried.  I pulled myself together and went in.  I didn't need much but she had a tummy ache and screamed most of the way off and on through the store.  I was patient and quiet, got my few items and patted as she spit up on me several times and was almost settled when I got up to the check out.  I am used to people smiling and saying things like how sweet and how old is your baby etc.  There was an attractive woman who approached me- she had her hair pulled back and was wearing a tee-shirt and shorts.  I was waiting on her to ask how old Zoe was but instead she said, "can I help you by unloading your cart"  I couldn't speak!  I only nodded and began to sob.  She looked up and said, "oh please don't do that you'll make me start."  The whole time she was unloading she was talking about how beautiful Zoe was.  By the time she was finished Zoe was sound asleep on my shoulder and the woman said, "you must be a great mom with the perfect touch."  I don't know who she was but when we hugged- Because I was not going to let her get away without hugging her- she was one of the most beautiful women I had ever met.  I have often bestowed upon others random acts of kindness because I love to see people's faces when you do something nice for them.  But after this one I will do it way way more often!!  I would like to say thank you again to my HEB hero whomever she is!

5 comments:

Chera said...

It is NICE to hear there are some good people out there! I hope your day is better today! ;o)

Jill said...

so sorry to hear you had a bad day, but yea for the kindness...hope today is better.

Jaime said...

I got teary-eyed reading it. Glad someone could make your evening a little better.

Deborah said...

Paul wanted me to tell you that it's because you were at HEB, not that other place shopping....ha! j/k! Seriously, it will get easier. Just keep reminding yourself that "this too shall pass." I'm praying for you. Love ya!

Tamra said...

What a blessing!!! Glad God sent someone to lighten your load that day. Love you!