Monday, November 19, 2007

Temper-Temper

I watched a little boy throw a huge fit today (no, it was not one of my own). It was huge! He was mad at his mother for picking him up early from school and not letting him play on the playground. I watched the sadness/tiredness in his mother's eyes as she watched him meltdown. He was tired and hungry but he was angry and didn't know what to do with his frustration. Understandable, he is just a child- what it made me think of was how many times have I judged parents for their kids actions. Before becoming a mother I would hear a child throw a fit and think why aren't they doing something?! After becoming one - I understand. Sometimes the emotions are just raw and need to come out. I would like to say to all of you who are mommies and those of you who will be someday- you are good at what you do. Feel empowered and take a moment to breathe and know you are not alone! We all have days when our kids are emotional. Love them, hug them, kiss them and be sure and love and hug yourself!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I had to laugh the other night when I was making dinner, Clark was hungry, and Scarlett was crying about who knows what. I told her to go to her room if she was going to cry and she just looked at me and said, " I just wanna have a fit at the table!" You gotta love the honesty. :)