Saturday, August 9, 2008

Family Reunion

We returned on Monday from our family vacation in Amarillo, where we attended the Babcock family reunion.  We had a great time and met lots and lots of new relatives.  The trip up and back was not to bad just long but the kids were AWESOME!  The boys all got to ride a horse and a four wheeler which I think was the highlight of the trip for them.  The horse they rode was named rooster and Uncle Bobby led rooster while riding bubba.  Cooper thought Uncle Bobby was the bomb and I think they formed quite a friendship.  When I get them I will post a few pictures.  We had some technical difficulties with our camera so I choose to stop many times and like Mary "cherish all of the things I saw in my heart."  There were several times that I had to wipe tears from my eyes because the joy in my kids eyes and the smile on their faces were too much to handle.  We also got an opportunity to see the farm where Martha grew up and Jeff spent much time as a child.  Then Jeff took us to see the houses where they lived and the schools he went to.  It was nice to be able to share that with him.  I think the highlight of the weekend for me was being able to spend time with Jeff's family.  We had not seen Brady and Christine in a while and it was great to watch Alan and Martha with all of their grandchildren together.  The best quote that I head while on the trip was-- The panhandle- you can look out farther than anywhere else on earth and yet see absolutely nothing!  True soooo True!

4 comments:

Jcbaron99 said...

What a great experience to have a family reunion. I've never been to one as neither of our sides have ever had one. And I totally agree with the panhandle comment!! My mothers family is from Amarillo - which is really the only reason to ever go there! Glad you had such a wonderful time and the boys were able to enjoy some country life.
Cristie

Deborah said...

We've never had a reunion (probably because my family can't stand to be in the same city with each other -- ha!), but yours sounded wonderful. I agree with you that the memories in your heart will never fade and treasure each and every one of them. (But I really do want to see some actual pictures!! ha! Sorry, that's the scrapbooker in me coming out....can't help it!!)

D'Lyn said...

KK, There's LOTS to see in the Panhandle!! Rocks and cedar trees and armadillos and SKUNKS!!!

Jill said...

it sounds like lots of fun...except for the long drive! glad everyone had a good time together!!