Thursday, July 9, 2009

This world is sooo very small

It was cheaper this year by far to come to the beach on vacation than to go to Nashville. However, that has made it more difficult for me this summer because other than the quick trip home with Zoe in the spring when my grandmother was sick I have not been able to spend time at home with my family and friends. But, in perfect God fashion he finds a way to put Nashville near me when I am hurting. Today's small world story (thank you D'lyn for coming up with that phrase)- I met a family at the pool today with 3 boys- 10, 8, and 6. The man was from Nashville - His wife from Atlanta- turns out he knows tons of people that I know and even went to a tiny, rival christian school in Nashville. I loved visiting with him and talking about all the people we knew in common and all the similarities in our worlds. I am thankful that God finds a way to put peace in my heart when I feel anxiety about not being "home". Thank you God! For my Nashville friends that follow this blog the man's name was Ken Whitehead (I think) and he went to Goodpasture to high school. To my college friends, while he did not go to Lipscomb growing up his best friend was Kyle Coker. ( Kyle Cokermania)- Strange small world!!!

No comments: