Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Update

I don't know how much weight I have lost if any at all, but I know I have not been hungry. I mean I really have not been hungry! I have had to look at the clock and think- I should probably eat something because I don't want to throw my body into starvation mode and slow my metabolism down even more. I have been able to make rational decisions on what to eat and when and have avoided binge eating. I have also stopped eating after the kids go to bed for stress comfort- which is huge for me. I haven't felt as stressed because I have had energy to get stuff done- which is nice. There have been a few sides effects- it is harder for me to get back to sleep when I wake up in the middle of the night and because my energy level is up, I have been working around the house nonstop which has made my back hurt a little. I think my body might be a little shocked that I am so busy and can find so many things for it to do : ) All in all my experience has been good but then it hasn't been quite a week yet. I found myself feeling a great deal of frustration the other day because I couldn't think of anyone that I know that is on any type of daily medication. I mean any of my friends. I allowed myself to wrestle with feelings of insecurity for about a half a day. I pondered about how my life has changed over the course of the last few years as I struggled with depression and decided that I would so much rather be taking care of myself (even if it means taking medicine) to better myself to be a better wife, mother and friend than struggle with others possible judgement of me. So I take a stand for all who need meds- " my name is Kayren and I take medicine." If you know of anyone out there who is struggling with using meds to keep balance, please feel free to give them my name or share with them my email address. I would be more than happy to help/talk/whatever they need.

4 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I am pretty sure I am your friend and I take medication (more than one) every day. So you can cross that frustration off your list.

Tamra said...

I have to take a pill every day for my thyroid. My body doesn't make what it needs for me to function at my best. Does this sound at all like why you're taking depression meds? I'm just sayin'....

D'Lyn said...

My name is D'Lyn, and as of last week I'm a daily-medicater. I'm officially part of the thyroid club.

Unknown said...

Welcome D'Lyn!