Friday, September 11, 2009

When the phone rings...

When the phone rings and the caller ID reads that it is the school calling, I always catch my breath in my throat. Ok... who is sick, who had a meltdown, who bit someone, who messed in their pants and need new clothes etc... well it happened today- the phone rang. When I said hello there was a very cheery voice on the other line who asked if this was Mrs. Babcock. (after 12 years I still love being called that) Anyway turns out it was Mr. Owens one of the 2 AP's at the elementary school where Mason and Cooper go. He was calling to read to me a note that Mason's teacher had written to him re: Mason and how pleased she was to have him in her class. What a wonderful surprise! The note said that she loved how organized he was and how he always tried his best and neat his writing was etc... then he put Mason on the phone. You could hear his pleased embarrassment in his voice. I could hardly tell him how proud I was to get a phone call like this. I could hardly tell him how much I loved him. My throat had a lump the size of a small apple (no pun intended) and my eyes were full of tears. From a 4 lb 13 oz little pip squeak to an organized hard working almost 9 year old- wow! God has richly blessed me with Mason!!!

2 comments:

kara said...

awww :) that brought a tear to mine too!

Julie said...

Way to go Mason!