Saturday, October 17, 2009

4 years ago today



It is hard to believe that 4 years ago today I gave birth to a sweet, crazy, wild man named Jaxon. After 5 days in the hospital on yucky medicine trying to get me to 33 weeks pregnant, he was determined to make his entrance - so they turned off the medicine and let me shower as they waited for a bed to open up in L&D. I had a visit from the Tart family- just to say hi! And then my friend Shannon came over after she dropped off Anna at preschool. She stayed and we talked and laughed and all the while I was contracting but the pain didn't seem too bad- I only had to stop a few times and say ow. By the time they moved me over to L&D I was a 6. My doctor, knowing that I didn't care for the whole natural thing said, "nobody touch her get the anesthesiologist in her right now and I will be right back." He actually made it back into the room before I could get my epidural chewing and coughing- turns out he was cramming his sandwich down- lol. He stayed in the room for the rest of the time after that. Never left our bedside. He laughed and talked with Jeff until I got numb and then I went 7-10 in no time and then Jaxon!!! He still has the same face when he cries : ) Here are 4 things I love about this squishy, snugglie, cutie patootie, who can be quite the annoyance to his big brothers:

1. He loves to snuggle at anytime (bedtime, naptime, playtime whatever)
2. He tells me I am bootiful and dat I am dee best mommy ever ( every day )
3. He loves to play chase with Zoe
4. He loves to play on the computer and can find his websites and maneuver them like no 4 year old should be able to do.

Happy birthday crazy boy! Mommy loves you!

3 comments:

Kristin and Chance said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAXON!! i cannot believe he's 4 today! that seems crazy to me! he's such a sweet kid and i am looking forward to seeing your sweet family in the next few weeks!! :) love you all!

Jill said...

where is time going!? i SERIOUSLY cannot believe he's 4. happy birthday sweet boy!

Chera said...

WOW...4 already?!?! Happy Birthday Jax!!